This course provides essential understanding of License Agreements and the underlying interests and risks of the parties. It assists in employing such understanding to negotiate better licensing deals. Topics that are discussed include:
- Efficient use of preliminary agreements.
- Due Diligence: risk identification and management.
- Group drafting exercises.
- Anatomy of a licence agreement.
- Getting to signature of the agreement, and beyond: avoiding legal ‘elephant traps’.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for:
- Lawyers seeking how to better deliver strategic advice regarding licensing in context of the (client’s) company’s long-term goals and market dynamics.
- Non-lawyers such as business executives, technology transfer officers and R&D managers, who have limited knowledge or experience with the legal processes that are involved in the commercialisation process and wish to gain a better understanding of them as well as practical tools and insights.
“A great overall summary of licensing law – comprehensive, practical & useful. Highly useful for legal & IPR inhouse & external counsel. Fantastic speakers; privilege to have access to such knowledge & teaching methods clear & helpful!”
“Content is applicable in reality & structure is of high quality”
“Good knowledge of the teachers. Real case connection!”
Please contact Mark Anderson for more information or to register your interest to attend this course.