CONTACTTel: +44 (0) 1865 858 878
Lisa is a solicitor and partner at Anderson Law.
Lisa is recommended for transactions in IAM1000, a guide to the World’s Leading Patent Practitioners. She drafts, negotiates, and advises on a wide variety of commercial agreements, particularly those with an intellectual property focus.
Most of Lisa’s clients are universities (particularly their technology transfer and research contracts groups) or are technology based businesses (predominately in the life sciences sector). Since joining Anderson Law, Lisa has been on part-time secondments to four clients, the longest of which has now been running for over four years.
Some of Lisa’s recent work includes:
- Setting up a spin-out company for a university client and drafting the suite of associated documentation, including assignment, revenue sharing agreement, licence agreement, and shareholders’ agreement;
- Drafting and assisting a university client to negotiate a high-value strategic collaboration agreement with a global pharmaceutical company in relation to a drug discovery programme;
- Advising a biotech client on several agreements in relation to its drug development programme, including a manufacturing agreement for GMP production of an investigational medicinal product, and an agreement with a contract research organization to manage a clinical trial;
- Drafting a framework collaboration agreement between a university client and its associated NHS hospital trust;
- Advising a biotech client on a licence agreement and an accompanying research collaboration agreement for the exploitation of proprietary technology;
- Assisting a university licensor with the renegotiation of its licence agreement with a spin-out company in the context of a multi-million pound funding round; and
- Drafting template agreements for professional publications and university and commercial clients.
In addition, Lisa has also contributed to some of the firm’s flagship publications, including “Drafting Agreements in the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industries” (Oxford University Press) and “Technology Transfer” (3rd Edition, Bloomsbury Professional).
- BSc (Hons) Physics with German, University of Nottingham, 2001
- PhD Physics, Imperial College London, 2006
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP, 2006
- Legal Practice Course, BPP, 2008
- Solicitor, England & Wales, 2009
- Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, University of Oxford, 2011
- Anderson Law, 2008 to present
- Imperial Innovations Limited, 2005 to 2007