We have been running training courses and speaking at conferences for many years. These courses are delivered periodically either as in-house courses or as public courses. One of our flagship courses, on IP Transactions, has won awards from both the Law Society and the UCL Provost.
Most of our courses provide training on commercial or intellectual property law subjects, including different types of commercial transaction. We provide training for staff with different levels of legal knowledge and experience, from secretarial staff, to project managers, to commercial negotiators, to practising lawyers.
Some examples of the courses we provide are mentioned below. If you are interested in these training courses or wish to discuss a more bespoke training package, please contact Mark Anderson.
Unless otherwise stated, all courses are one-day courses providing the equivalent of 6 hours CPD.
Anderson Law Courses
- Contract Drafting: An Advanced Level Workshop This practical one day workshop provides training and “hands-on” experience in the drafting of commercial contracts. It is intended for lawyers and commercial managers who already understand the basic principles of contract drafting, have at least two or more years’ experience of contract drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, and wish to take their drafting skills to ... Read More
- Drafting & Negotiating Clinical Trial Agreements This course provides a detailed discussion of the legal, regulatory, drafting and practice issues that arise when drafting and negotiation clinical trial agreements (CTAs) and other contractual documentation that is encountered when clinical trials are run, e.g. agreements between a sponsor and a clinical research organisation (CRO). Topics that are discussed include:
What makes CTAs different from ... Read More
- Drafting & Negotiating IP Terms in Research Contracts This one day course looks in detail at the intellectual property issues that arise in different types of research contracts. Topics discussed include:
What is IP, and do IP terms matter in research contracts?
Different priorities and approaches to IP issues: academic, commercial, etc.
Overview of some standard research contracts and their IP terms.
Detailed look at drafting and ... Read More
- Drafting Legal Provisions in Commercial Contracts This one day course considers those terms in contracts that commercial negotiators tend to think of as “legal” clauses. Commercial negotiators sometimes consider these clauses to be less important (or less interesting!) than the primary issues of price and performance, but they can be vital when assessing the party’s rights and obligations. Clauses of this ... Read More
- Fundamentals of Technology Transfer These sessions (less than a full-day) led by Paul Maclennan form part of a larger course run by PraxisUnico.
The sessions provide an introduction to the contractual arrangements that are required in technology transfer.
Run by Paul Maclennan through Praxis Unico.
Please search and register for this course with Praxis Unico.
- Introduction to Contracts This entry level one day course considers the practical aspects of commercial contracts. It is designed for project managers, administrators, and people who are starting a career in contract management. Topics covered include:
Why contracts are written this way.
Negotiation and signature of contracts.
Administration of existing contracts.
Termination of contracts.
“Legal” clauses in contracts.
Discussion of a typical contract.
“I will ... Read More
- Introduction to Deal Making This three day course has been designed to introduce LLM students at University College London to the practical aspects of commercial contracts and “deal making”. It provides a Summer option for LLM students and can also be attended by people who are not enrolled on an LLM programme. It is run at UCL in London.
Day ... Read More
- Introduction to Intellectual Property This one day course provides an introduction to the main types of intellectual property (IP), the laws that govern them, and associated practice issues. Topics covered include:
Overviews of the different IP rights.
Why IP should be protected and how.
Examples of patents, trademarks, designs and other methods of protecting IP.
An introduction to licensing and exploiting IP.
Please ... Read More
- IP Commercialisation: IP Licensing This course provides essential understanding of License Agreements and the underlying interests and risks of the parties. It assists in employing such understanding to negotiate better licensing deals. Topics that are discussed include:
Efficient use of preliminary agreements.
Due Diligence: risk identification and management.
Group drafting exercises.
Anatomy of a licence agreement.
Getting to signature of the agreement, and beyond: ... Read More
- IP Licensing: An Advanced Level Workshop This one day advanced level course looks in detail at the terms of an IP licence agreement, exploring drafting, legal, commercial and practice issues. Topics covered include:
Grant clause and definitions.
Boilerplate clauses, including law and jurisdiction.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for experienced lawyers and licensing managers who wish to have an in-depth understanding ... Read More