What our clients say
We are grateful for the following, unsolicited (except for editorial research by Chambers and IAM Licensing 250) comments from our clients
About the firm and our work
- Anonymous (via Chambers Directory UK 2012) - This technology-focused practice continues to be a notable presence on both the national and international stages, operating well beyond its Oxfordshire home. Clients include publicly and privately held companies, charities and universities seeking counsel from the team over both IP-led transactions and disputes.
- Anonymous (via Chambers Directory UK 2012) - This Oxford-based outfit enjoys a steady reputation for life sciences-led transactional work and is noted by clients as the ideal alternative to firms headquartered in London. Its team is expanding to meet an increasingly demanding workload, as evidenced by its recent assistance to NexGenix Pharmaceuticals in renegotiating licence and research collaboration agreements with a European institution. They always provide timely, detail-oriented support.
- General Counsel - Anderson Law LLP has been a valued and trusted partner for many years. While based in the UK, Anderson Law provides valued and trusted guidance and counsel, to Airwide Solutions (now Mavenir Systems) not only in the UK and Europe, but also in the Middle East, Africa and all of Asia Pacific. Anderson Law is truly a global partner.
- Anonymous (via Chambers Directory UK 2011) - [Anderson Law] provides an attentive, reliable and cost-effective service.
- Anonymous (via Chambers Directory UK 2011) - [Anderson Law] gives pragmatic advice and is always sensitive to our objectives and the commercial environment we operate in.
- Anonymous (via Chambers Directory UK 2010) - The quality of service is excellent and provided at a reasonable price.
- ICT client - I have found your firm to be a lot more responsive than our legal department used to be.
- University senior manager - Anderson Law has been our saviour and shining light on many occasions.
- UK company chairman - [in relation our work on the sale of the company] my thanks to you for a good job well done.
- Technology start-up company owner/manager - This draft agreement was very well done - I think the way you approached the definition of an invention was spot on.
- Business development manager - This letter is excellent - it's so well argued, I can't see how they can disagree with the conclusion.
- Finance Director - You provide very good value for money. I probably shouldn't be telling you this...! Postscript: on seeing this quote in our recent brochure, the Finance Director in question commented: "If I was the FD saying that you're very good value for money, then I want shooting but it's true!"
About our people
- (via Chambers Directory 2012) - Mark Anderson is the driving force behind the firm's impressive performance, according to commentators. Sources indicate that he is "extremely helpful in terms of formulating solutions: rather than just being a drafter, he's a full participant in seeking solutions to complex issues."
- (via Chambers Directory 2012) - Mark Anderson is the key figure at the firm, having built an excellent reputation in the Thames Valley market and beyond. Clients highlight him as "authoritative and experienced," adding that "advisers don't come much more knowledgeable when it comes to technology or licensing." Stephen Brett is a recent arrival from Henmans. He is known for his IP work in the life sciences sector as well as for his extensive experience in such areas as nanotechnology, computer software and engineering.
- Business founder - Many thanks for your assistance on this deal Mark. You raised a number of good and reasonable points and [the investor] seems to have accommodated everything we have asked for... As I'd hoped, reason and reasonableness all round.
- Anonymous (via IAM Licensing 250, 2011/12) - Mark Anderson is commended as an expert licensing practitioner whose work “is of a rare high quality”. Attesting to his “great commercial angle on licensing”, he has longstanding experience of handling a range of IP and IT agreements; he is also particularly renowned for advising universities on commercial licensing strategies.
- Anonymous (via Chambers Directory UK 2011) - [Mark Anderson] has the ability to present complex information in an accessible way and truly understands his clients' business needs.
- Anonymous (via Chambers Directory UK 2011) - [Mark Anderson] is bright and experienced, and homes in on business considerations very well.
- Anonymous (via Chambers Directory UK 2010) - Founding partner Mark Anderson impresses with his ability to focus on the key issues and give clear and succinct advice. He provides first-rate commercial input as well as first-rate legal input.
- Anonymous (via IAM Licensing 250, 2010) - Mark Anderson is hailed as “a leading figure in the licensing area” by both the research and business communities. His prominence derives not only from his expertise in key technology sectors such as life sciences, but also from his well-received writings on the subject of IP, commercial law and the intersection between the two.
- Professor Jeremy Phillips (IPKat) - Mark Anderson ...[is] a solicitor in private practice who has a remarkable sensitivity to the way that contracts facilitate technology transfer and the sharing and exploitation of intellectual property.
- University client - We use Mark Anderson a great deal. I've done so for over a decade. Great for any matters contractual or IP or sound commercial advice.
- Joint venture CEO - [Mark Anderson] has been wonderful. The dialogue with him [about how the JV should be structured] has been outstandingly useful so far, and he has curbed a number of my creative excesses, whilst grasping the fundamental ideas involved in this very new type of arrangement.
- North American biotech client - I should also specifically note to congratulate you for having brought Mark Anderson on board to handle the contracts. He demonstrated an excellent grasp of what needed to be done and how concepts needed to be phrased.
- US-based vice-president, business development - I thought again about your request for a good UK lawyer that could handle your contract needs. Mark Anderson ...is pragmatic, knows his stuff and I think you’ll like him. If I had to find a UK lawyer to work with, then I’d probably reach out to Mark.
- University senior manager - It's notable how many people who have worked with you cite you as an influence. As do I.
- Small business owner - Lionel, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your assistance in [obtaining a substantial sum of money in a disputed insurance claim]. I am sure that if we had continued to pursue this matter with [another firm of solicitors] we would not have seen the same conclusion.
- In-house lawyer of US client - [Paul,] I have consistently been impressed by your thoroughness and ability to perceive issues and deal with them. I sincerely believe that you have wisdom beyond your lawyering years.
- Owner of financial consultancy firm - This is really excellent work Paul. I have to say I am thoroughly delighted with your work on the [agreements].
- Finance Director -Thanks Lisa - your assistance on this has been extremely valuable, and I'm very grateful for your input.
- Designer -Lisa has been an excellent person to work with, so please do pass on my thanks, and commend her highly on her friendly professionalism. Should something else come along, I will not hesitate to contact you.
And our favourite, from a world-ranking academic scientist:
- Mark, you are a reasonably intelligent solicitor...