CONTACTTel: +44 (0) 1865 858 878
Matthew is a senior consultant (corporate) for Anderson Law LLP.
Matthew is a solicitor with 30 years’ experience in advising early-stage businesses on all of the corporate legal situations they are likely to encounter, including establishment and fund-raising.
Matthew started his career with a market-leading City of London firm, acting for private equity funds and investee companies. He subsequently joined a business process outsourcing start-up in Australia as General Counsel and as a founder member of its management team. After five years he returned to private practice in the UK, since which time his clients have been investors and companies in various sectors, with an emphasis on technology and life sciences. Matthew advises on a wide variety of transactions, including:
- fund-raising by means of share issues (including EIS) or convertible loans;
- university spin-outs;
- lending and security;
- share option schemes (including EMI);
- acquisitions; and
- MA (Hons) Jurisprudence, University of Oxford, 1984
- Anderson Law, 2019 to present
- Keystone Law, 2009 to present
- Sole practitioner, 2002 to 2009
- UCMS, 1996 to 2001
- SJ Berwin, 1998 to 1994