Drafting & Negotiating IP Terms in Research Contracts
This one day course looks in detail at the intellectual property issues that arise in different types of research contracts. Topics discussed include:
- What is IP, and do IP terms matter in research contracts?
- Different priorities and approaches to IP issues: academic, commercial, etc.
- Overview of some standard research contracts and their IP terms.
- Detailed look at drafting and understanding IP terms in particular types of contract.
- Risk management and warranties on IP issues.
- International differences in law and practice.
- Stand-alone IP agreements, IP payment terms and other terms.
The course includes some drafting exercises and case studies.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for contracts managers and lawyers whose job requires them to understand and draft IP terms in research contracts. Attenders should have had some prior experience of working with research contracts, but this is not an “advanced” level course. Past attenders have included contract managers from universities, funding bodies, Government agencies and commercial companies.
Please contact Mark Anderson for more information or to register your interest to attend this course.