Diversity statistics 2017
Periodically, we are required by our regulator, the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority, to collect and publish diversity data on our staff. There is an exception to the obligation to publish if it might identify individuals, and as a small firm we have taken the decision to omit certain details.
Staff are invited, but not required, to complete the diversity questionnaire. Of our 11 lawyers (including 3 partners), 10 completed the diversity questionnaire, and the following statistics are based on their replies. Where a member of staff has not replied to a question or has indicated that they preferred not to respond, their response to that question is omitted from the statistics below
The results of our previous diversity-statistic exercise, in 2015, were published on this website here.
The key diversity statistics for our firm in 2017 are:
- Age. We have 1 member of staff in the age range 25-34, 5 in the range 35-44, 2 in the range 45-54, and 2 in the range 55-64.
- Gender. We have (at least) 3 female and 6 male members of staff.
- Disability. 1 of our staff reported a disability.
- Ethnicity. 6 of our staff reported that they were in the White British category, 3 staff reported in other categories.
- Religion. As a significant number of our staff reported in the category “prefer not to say”, we do not propose to publish further details on this statistic.
- Sexual orientation. Given the small size of our firm and the need to protect individuals’ privacy, we do not propose to publish this information.
- Secondary school. 4 of our staff attended UK state school, 4 attended a private UK school, and 2 attended school outside the UK.
- University attendance. 5 of our staff were the first generation of their family to attend university, and 5 were not.
- Caring responsibilities. Some of our staff have declared that they have caring responsibilities for children, others have declared that they have not. In view of the small size of the firm, we do not propose to publish responses in relation to caring for adults.